DR. LESLIE MEMSIC
Leslie Memsic, MD, FACS is an elite surgical specialist with excellent medical training and broad clinical experience grounded in academic research. In addition to a fellowship in Surgical Oncology and Immunology, she received advanced training in Liver Transplantation. This educational background along with her emphasis on personalized, compassionate care, makes her uniquely qualified to care for patients with a variety of complex surgical problems including malignancy, hepatobiliary, intestinal and pancreatic issues, Hidradenitis suppurativa and hernias. She has a special expertise in breast cancer and has pioneered skin sparing, nipple preserving total mastectomies and nerve sparing axillary sentinel lymph node biopsies and dissections as well as breast lumpectomies that provide appropriate oncologic therapy without sacrificing function or cosmesis. She been recognized by her peers with multiple awards including Castle and Connelly”s, “Most Compassionate Physician”, “Top Oncologist”, and CC and Vital”s “Top 10 Doctors” in Los Angeles and the Regional United States for ten years in a row. Less than 3 percent of physicians receive this recognition nationally.
Dr. Memsic co-founded Bedford Breast Center, The Leading Breast Health Care Center in Beverly Hills.
- University of California at Los Angeles: BA in Psychobiology.
- University of California at San Diego: Doctor of Medicine.
- University of California at Los Angeles: Residency in General Surgery.
- University of California at Los Angeles: Research fellowship in Liver Transplantation.
- Cedars Sinai Medical Center: Fellowship in Surgical Oncology and Immunology.
- Assistant Director of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center 6 years.
- Cedars Sinai Comprehensive Cancer Center 16 years.
- Supervisor of Cedars Sinai Breast Center 10 years.
- St. John’s Health Science Center Breast Center 3 years.
- Private Practice in General and Oncologic Surgery 20 years.
- Castle and Connelly “Top Doctor” 2004 – 2014
- “Nominated by peers, selected by experts and among the very best in their specialities”
- Vitals “Top 10 Doctor”
- Castle and Connelly “ Most Compassionate Doctor “ 2008- 2014
- Castle and Connelly “Top Oncologist” 2009- 2014
- Children’s Liver Foundation Award